Just random stuff today.
• The so-called ‘high class’ grocery store in the area is called Heinen’s. I can walk to one just down the street, and I usually only do when I have to buy just a loaf of bread or some milk. They have the same brands as all the other stores, but they charge more. The employees are snobby and I always get the feeling that I’m going to get thrown out. The thing is, the store is dirtier and more disorganized than any Tops or Giant Eagle I’ve patronized. Heinen’s parking lots are mutant weird too.
• A platoon of mayflies decided to mate and die on my car during the night. Next year I imagine the eggs will hatch and they will mate and die again on my car. Thousands of mayflies generations from now there will be a new mayfly species only indigenous to my car. Ephemeroptera oldsmobilus.
• I have 6 Gmail invitations to give away. Leave a comment and your email address if you’d like one. As of now I’m only giving them to people I know.
• Every day for the first hour of work I have to overhear the same guy bitch about the same incompetencies regarding the same people. The rest of the day he wanders around ‘troubleshooting.’ I have yet to see him do a lick of work.
• I rediscovered a CD of stupid videos last evening. Sheep jumping into walls, a kid snapping his femur like so much kindling while skateboarding, a cat jumping into a wall, a cat attacking a very small child, and two wonderful EDS commercials from Super Bowls past. Idiocy is my friend
• My pointer finger hurts from learning hammer-ons.