I decided to go ahead and put my new design out there in its 40% done state. Having to see it whenever I look at my site should encourage me to finish it up. I’m using one of Eric Meyer’s reset styles as the base, and building from it. Eventually I hope to go through each post and fix it up as consistently and accessibly as possible, since I know a lot more about such things than I did even two years ago. I’m also letting the design show my newfound interest in typography. I’ll be tweaking that as I go along as well. As always, if you notice any errors or such, please let me know.
After nearly going crazy yesterday in my snowedinitude it was nice to get out and about today. I shoveled the first foot of snow yesterday, so that busting out this morning wouldn’t take quite as long. Shoveling my portion of the walk was pretty easy, but I also had the chance to shovel out an ambulance which had become stuck on Holmden. I think they forgot to plow our street, since all of the other side streets around us have seen it at least once. The fire truck showed up too to help the ambulance. I grabbed a couple of rugs to put under the tires and the ambulance managed to free itself. Those rugs came in handy twice more today, a few minutes later I used them to help my neighbors who were also stuck in the drifts and then, coming back from Debbie’s parents’ house we used them to get out of their driveway.
We picked up some homemade sawhorses so I could use my new circular saw and cut some drawer bottoms out of the leftover luaun from the floor installation. It was a good use of the scraps, and I figure the cedar will help preserve whatever I decide to put in the filing cabinet. We also picked up the almost last of our framing orders and hung up a Miro, Giotto di Bondone [framed] and a piece I picked up at Pitchfork last year [framed]. Our previous order included the Jon Hicks designed screen print [pictured] of the Parts & Labor show I was at last summer.